The PVVET requires applicants to have a FCC Registration Number (FRN) prior to the examination date.
If you already have a FCC amateur radio license or GMRS license, you already have a FRN number. It’s printed on your license.
If you don’t have an FRN, you can easily obtain one online using the FCC’s Commission Registration System (CORES) website.
Step One: Click Register
Step Two: Pick Registration Type, Press submit
Step Three: Fill Out Information
- Please use your legal name
- Do not enter any nicknames
- Please enter your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Check “Same As The Above” the form will update the contact info
- Please use your social security number
- Please remember your password, it can be used to print official copies of your license
Step 4: Obtain your FRN, Print page to bring to exam
If there were no errors on step 3, you should see this page filled out with your personal information. Please note the 10 digit number that is towards the top of the page. That is your FRN. You will need to bring that number to exam session. It’s strongly suggested that you print this page for your records. The PVVET may not be able to obtain this number depending on the venue. It’s important that you bring it with you.
That’s it! You now have a FCC registration number.